Private Pilot License
Requirements for Private Pilot Licence:
- Minimum age for a Student Pilot Permit is 14. This allows a student to fly the airplane by themselves without an instructor.
- Minimum age for a Private Pilot Licence is 17.
- Medical certificate valid Category 1 or 3
- 40 hours of private ground school instruction
- Must obtain 60% on the written examination for the private pilot license.
- 45 hours of flight time
- 17 hours of dual flight time including 3 hours cross country and 5 hours instrument time
- 12 hours solo flight time including 5 hours cross country time
- Successful completion of flight test
The Ground School subjects are:
- Canadian Aviation Regulations
- Theory of Flight
- Radio Theory and Radio Navigation
- Airframes and Engines
- Aircraft Performance and Airmanship
- Flight Instruments
- Human Factors / Pilot Decision Making