- Cessna 172 $158 an hour fuel included
- Cessna 150 $125 an hour fuel included
Private Pilot License Cost
This is an estimate of the minimum cost to obtain a private pilot license
- 33 hours duel flight instruction in a Cessna 172 @$223/hr $7,359
- 12 hours solo flight time in a Cessna 172@$158/hr. $1896
- 20 hours of ground briefing @$65/hr $1,300
- Ground School $450
- Ground School Kit $300
- Licensing/Testing $600
- Total cost: $11,905 plus HST
This cost is the minimum for flying a Cessna 172 with 45 hours of flight training.
Cost for a Cessna 150 is $125/hr and using this aircraft will reduce the total cost for obtaining a Private Pilot License by $1,800
These costs are pay as you go it could take you as little as four month or as long as two years to get your licence.
**Prices are subject to change without notice